Kedel is following strict Government guidelines to keep our workers and customers safe. The Covid-19 virus hasn't stopped us working. So, order with confidence! However, we are experiencing unusually high volumes of orders, plus Royal Mail and hauliers report up to 5 times more packages than normal. Therefore, delivery times given are our best estimates. We also regret that during Covid-19 lockdown, customer collections from our Burnley unit are by appointment only. Please call 01282 861325 option 5 to arrange this.
The Facts about Recycled Plastic Furniture
The Recycled Plastic Furniture industry is one of the fastest growing and most creative industries in the UK. And so it should be!
Recycled Plastic Facts
- World consumption of plastic is about 100 million a year according to WRAP (Waste Resources Action Programme), 75% of that ends up in landfill sites.
- According to government and industry estimates, up to 30% of landfill contains plastic waste.
- It takes up to 400 years to break down.
- Here in the UK we only recycled about 24% of the 5 million tonnes of plastic we use a year, even though ALL plastic is recyclable.
- Germany recycle 44% of their waste plastic.
- 75% of UK plastic waste goes straight into landfill.
- This is scandalous when you consider that one recycled plastic bench can use 1000 recycled plastic milk containers.
- Government aims to send zero % of plastic waste to landfill by 2020.
Choosing a Recycled Plastic Furniture Product From the UK Helps the Environment
Better use of waste plastic will require the cooperation of both individuals and industry, and you can help, both by buying recycled plastic products as well as pressuring your local authority and local businesses to recycle more.
The Practical and Economic Advantages of Recycled Plastic Furniture
- Using recycled plastic in the form of recycled plastic furniture saves you time and effort
- Recycled plastic furniture will last for decades without any maintenance
- However wet it gets, recycled plastic furniture will never rot
- Never requires painting or toxic chemicals to preserve it
- Stays looking good continuously throughout its long and productive life
- Saves you money - Taking into account the need to start maintaining wooden furniture after 2 years and inevitably replace the item after about 7 years, recycled plastic furniture is up to 80% cheaper than sticking with the traditional wooden variety
- At the end of its life, or if you just want a change, it can be recycled all over again
Besides the obvious ethical and moral reasons for using recycled plastic, and the convincing economic advantage, it's clear that Recycled Plastic Furniture really is the best outdoor furniture you can buy.
Take a look around our Website and if you can't find what you want or to make an order,
call us on 01282 861325, e-mail or use our online enquiry form.